I have extensive experience of successful venue, festival and project management and of commissioning, producing and programming theatre and performance in a wide range of locations, including theatres, public spaces and community venues. I’ve also been part of the Kent cultural sector for over ten years, working with venues and companies to increase the amount of new work being made and presented in the county. Examples of my work include:
• PANeK (Performing Arts Network Kent – www.panek.org.uk) which attracted funding from Arts Council England and Kent County Council for over four years
• Commissioned Periplum visual theatre company to make a new show, The Imaginarium, for three Kent Festivals in summer 2013
• Applause Outdoors (www.applauseoutdoors.org.uk) – a three-year project (2009– 12) where PANeK commissioned and developed new outdoor work for village fetes and community festivals across Kent and East Sussex. (In partnership with Applause Rural Touring Ltd)
• Devised and delivered two special outdoor commissions – for the opening of the new Marlowe Theatre (Oct 2011) and for Creek Creative, Faversham (Feb 2013)
• Bright Sparks – a special project to engage young people in outdoor performance. The project, delivered by Wide Eyed Theatre, involved a group of young people learning about and making outdoor arts. It won a London 2012 Inspire Mark, with the young people going on to perform at the Olympic Park.
See profile on LinkedIn