“I’ve not encountered a single person who’s been successful in any artistic field without a supportive community behind them. I think Arts Emergency is an amazing network that helps young creatives make these crucial connections.” – Nish Kumar
2019 was an incredible year for Arts Emergency. We launched a new mentoring project to support students in Thanet in East Kent, grew our work in London and Greater Manchester, and created a new Community Manager role to generate more opportunities and support for our alumni aged 18 and over.
We provided 160 sixth-formers with a trained mentor for a year of one to one support. Every one of the young people who completed the programme will now receive opportunities and access to our well-connected network until they are 25.
– Our young people completed over 1,903 hours of mentoring
– 79% of mentees made professional connections
– 95% of mentees plan to apply for university
– 92% of teachers believe their students are more prepared for future careers
– 217 trips and opportunities were shared
– 85% of our work was funded by individuals.