Are you interested in studying an arts or humanities degree? • Would you like a career in the arts or media? • Do you want advice from experts in the creative and cultural industries?
Arts Emergency provides 16-25 year olds with free mentoring, advice, guidance and opportunities to help them embark on higher education and careers.
Who can apply?
If you are under 18, you can apply if you live in London, Manchester, Thanet or Merseyside. If you are 18-25 you can apply from anywhere in the UK. You can be 25 at the time of applying. Every mentee must meet at least one of the criteria below:
• Neither of my parents went to university
• My family’s household income is below £25,000 per year
• Me or my family receive Universal Credit
• I am currently in care or have been in care
• I was eligible for free school meals between year 7 and year 11
• I was or am a recipient of a 16-19 bursary
• I have a learning difficulty (such as dyslexia)
• I have a disability*
• I am a refugee or asylum seeker
• I am a young parent or carer
• I would describe myself as a person of colour or ethnic minority
*You’re disabled under the Equality Act 2010 if you have a physical or mental impairment that has a substantial and long-term negative effect on your ability to do normal daily activities.
If you’re not sure about your eligibility please contact us.
How do I apply?
Please click the link below to apply online.
Alternative ways to apply
If you feel more comfortable video recording the answers to your application you have the option of recording part of the form, or completing it over the phone with us.
• Click here to download more information about how to submit a video
• If you would like to complete the whole application form over the phone please send your name, phone number and where you’re applying from (London, Manchester, Merseyside, Thanet or Other) to email@example.com with the subject title ‘Phone Application Request’ and a member of our team will be in touch to organise a half an hour time slot to go through the application.
• If you need the application in a different format, just let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We know that filling out applications can sometimes feel a bit overwhelming so we are holding two online sessions to answer any questions you might have about your application. Book your free spot at one of the links below:
Tuesday 22nd September 2020, 5pm-6pm
Sign up here
Thursday 15th October 2020, 5pm-6pm
Sign up here