If you’re interested in studying an arts or humanities degree or want a career in the creative industries an Arts Emergency mentor could support you.
After completing a year of mentoring you’ll also get access to professional networking and development opportunities until your 26th birthday.
The deadline to apply for a mentor in 2021 was midnight Sunday 18 October. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have missed the deadline to apply.
Who can apply?
If you are under 18, you can apply if you live in London, Manchester, Thanet or Merseyside. If you are 18-25 you can apply from anywhere in the UK. You can be 25 at the time of applying. Every mentee must meet at least one of the criteria below:
• Neither of my parents went to university
• My family’s household income is below £25,000 per year
• Me or my family receive Universal Credit
• I am currently in care or have been in care
• I was eligible for free school meals between year 7 and year 11
• I was or am a recipient of a 16-19 bursary
• I have a learning difficulty (such as dyslexia)
• I have a disability*
• I am a refugee or asylum seeker
• I am a young parent or carer
• I would describe myself as a person of colour or ethnic minority
*You’re disabled under the Equality Act 2010 if you have a physical or mental impairment that has a substantial and long-term negative effect on your ability to do normal daily activities.
If you’re not sure about your eligibility please contact us.